Grilled Peach and Asparagus Salad with Goats Cheese
Here to sweeten your barbecue this grilling season is a delicious peach recipe packed with seasonal flavor. Best enjoyed outside among friends and family, this recipe combines elements of sweetness, tanginess, and smokiness to delight your palate. Pair with a chilled Temecula Valley Chardonnay to complete the meal.
Yield: 4 Servings
Yield: 4-6 Servings
- 4 ripe peaches, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut with the bottoms trimmed
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup (106g) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60g) balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5.69g) salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper (1.18g)
- ¼ cup (5g) shredded basil
- ½ cup soft (113 grams) goat cheese
- Pre-heat barbecue to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for basil and cheese. Toss together to evenly coat with oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Place all ingredients into a vegetable holder (or use a pan with holes or a screen) to prevent vegetables from falling between grill. Reduce heat to medium and place mixture onto heat.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until everything is softened and has a little char.
- Remove from heat and place back into the mixing bowl if chilling to serve cold or place an even amount onto each plate and top with a spoon of goat cheese. Sprinkle fresh shredded basil overtop and serve.
- Note: This dish can be served warm or cold.
Bella Vista Winery~ 2021 Chardonnay – This wine has delicious notes that will pair beautifully with this recipe
Inn at Churon Winery ~ NV Chardonnay– This wine has delicious flavors of melon with hints of vanilla