Temecula Wine Country Responsible Partner Program (RPP)
The Temecula Valley Winegrowers Association (TVWA) is encouraging responsible transportation companies to visit the multiple wineries in Temecula Wine Country. As transportation companies are aware, the wineries are held to laws and high standards within the State of California and the County of Riverside to maintain an orderly and safe environment where alcoholic beverages are being served. A problem currently faced by many Temecula Wineries is the number of highly intoxicated and disruptive customers being brought to them by transportation companies. Therefore, the wineries desire to develop a closer working relationship with those transportation companies who on a best effort basis will attempt to not bring to their wineries overly intoxicated or disruptive customers, and who agree to deal with problems related to this topic when it is brought to their attention. The TVWA wineries have agreed to:
- Provide preference to those transportation companies that have agreed to and signed the Responsible Partner Program Agreement.
- Provide promotion of the transportation company by adding their name to an approved Master list distributed to Member wineries.
- Establish individual winery and transportation company promotional programs on a case by case basis.
As an approved Transportation Company, I agree to the following:
- I agree to contact a destination winery in advance to obtain permission for a visit from us for groups of 8 or more people. I also agree to notify the winery in advance of any change in arrival time or plans.
- I agree to highly discourage the consumption of hard liquor and beer during a Temecula Valley Wine Country visit.
- I agree on a best effort basis to make sure the customers I am bringing to a winery are neither obviously intoxicated nor disruptive. When advised by winery personnel that my customers are creating a problem, I agree to immediately remove them from the property.
- I agree to act and correct any problems related to the customers I bring that are brought to my attention by the winery or Temecula Valley Winegrowers Association.
- I agree to encourage my customers to purchase wines from the wineries to which I bring them.
- I agree to encourage my guests to visit TVWA member wineries as a priority over other wineries located within Temecula Valley.
- I agree to distribute to my clients the Tasting Etiquette handout provided by TVWA.
- I agree to provide a copy of this Agreement to all assigned hosts and drivers. Company drivers must actively participate in the alcohol and drug testing program as adopted by the Commission pursuant to PUC Sections 1032.1 and 5374(a)(2) and (b)(1). California state law prohibits the consumption of alcohol during the transport of persons.
- I agree to maintain all licenses in accordance with PUC Code 5384.1 and notify TVWA of any changes in status.
- I agree to maintain my vehicle(s) in a condition that is safe, clean, and in full compliance with State and Federal law (pursuant to FCR Title 49, California Vehicle Code, and CCR Title 13).
- I understand that as a Responsible Partner, by law I am subject to unannounced inspections of my vehicle(s) by law enforcement at any time while operating on the highway.
- I agree to pay a yearly non-refundable administrative fee of $26 upon registration and yearly renewal to remain on the approved Responsible Partner Master list provided to the wineries.
For a current list of registered transportation companies in this program please click HERE. Our winery members require transportation companies to register for this program prior to bringing guests to their individual facilities.
TO REGISTER YOUR TRANSPORTATION COMPANY please click HERE.
TVWA Tasting Etiquette (PDF - 165KB) - To be distributed to guests by transportation companies.
Q & A on Responsible Partner Program (PDF - 30KB)
ABC Codes Information (PDF - 63KB)
For web link advertising opportunities please follow this link: Preferred Partner Web Link Ad (PDF 143KB)