As the weather turns chilly and the crisp autumn air has us gathering around a warm fire at night, this comfort food dish will be a sure hit that it will have you making it again and again. This Autumn-inspired pasta showcases the best of the harvest season and pairs perfectly with a loaf of fresh crusty bread. Pair with your favorite Temecula Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 3 oz butter
- 1/2 cup chopped oyster mushrooms or shitake
- 1/2 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1 cup small of diced butternut squash
- 2 oz white wine
- 2 cups 35% cream
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 cups cooked bowtie pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- In a large frying pan (big enough for all ingredients) heat butter.
- Cook onions, garlic, and diced squash on medium heat until onions are soft and starting to brown.
- Add mushrooms and cook on medium for about 5 min.
- Add white wine and stir. The wine should clean the bottom of the pan up and incorporate all that goodness.
- Add kale, cream, cheese salt, and pepper. Cook till cheese is melted and kale is wilted slightly. (Approx 3 min)
- Add pre-cooked noodles and toss together. Cook for another 3 min on medium to re-heat noodles.
- Serve and top with toasted almonds and chopped green onions.
Bel Vino Winery ~ 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon – Bold & smooth. This elegant wine has aromas & flavors of blackberry, blueberry & Dried cherry.
Foot Path Winery ~ 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon – This wine’s delicious full-body gives it the qualities that makes it so beloved worldwide. This wine can be enjoyed in its youthful stage or when it is aged to perfection.
Lorimar Winery ~ 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon – Truly the holy grail of wine, with complexity to spare; perfumes of black plums, medjool dates, root beer leaf and cedar mingled with black peppercorn and the weathered leather of a whip.
Ponte Winery ~ 2017 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon – Red berry mix aromas and a touch of roasted red pepper, black pepper and a touch of cedar at the finish with graphite.
Tags: Bel Vino Winery, Lorimar Winery, ponte winery, southern california wineries, Temecula Valley Wine Country, temecula valley wineries, temecula wine, temecula wine country, temecula wine tasting, temecula wineries, temecula wines, visit temecula, wine tasting temecula valley