This brunch staple consists of perfectly poached eggs, toasted English muffins, creamy hollandaise sauce and topped with rich buttery lobster. Serve with a Temecula Valley Chardonnay for the ultimate brunchtime meal.
- 2 x 4oz lobster tails (uncooked or if already cooked warm to package directions)
- 6 eggs (4 to poach and 2 yolks for the sauce)
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 2 English muffins
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 cup chopped arugula
- 1/8 cup chopped green onions
- 4 lemon slices ¼ inch thick
- 1 lemon wedge for sauce
- 3 dashes Tabasco
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 4 cups water boiling on stove
- Fresh chives, a few sprigs
- Place the lobster tails in the boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Keep pot of boiling water on for other steps.
- Remove lobster tails from heat and cut the shells lengthwise to help pull the meat out in one piece.
- Cut each tailpiece in half-lengthwise and toss into a bowl with half the butter (2 tbsp). Mix till butter is melted and they are coated.
- In a steel bowl place 2 egg yolks and whisk over the boiling pot of water. Reduce the heat to medium while making sauce.
- Add the vinegar and whisk for about 1 min.
- Add the butter and whisk for another 2 min
- Once the sauce begins to thicken, add the lemon juice from the lemon wedge and mix. Remove from heat.
Poaching Your Eggs
- In the boiling lobster water, crack eggs into the water. Using a slotted spoon to gently turn them once a minute for about 3 to 4 min or until cooked to liking.
Using the slotted spoon, remove the eggs and lightly pat them with a paper towel to remove excess water.
Building the Lobster Benedict
- Cut muffins and toast.
- Place 1 half of the toasted muffin on each plate.
- Combine the arugula and kale and place on top of the muffin
- Place 1 half of the lobster tail on top of greens on each muffin
- Place poached egg onto lobster
- Evenly distribute the hollandaise sauce over all 4 dishes. Top with chopped green onion and garnish with some chive stems.
Callaway Vineyard & Winery~2017 Chardonnay – This light, crisp Chardonnay opens with aromas of leafy pineapple and citrus fruits. The palate is lush with fresh tropical fruits, a golden delicious apple with a tangy pineapple finish.
Lorimar Winery~2018 Chardonnay – This popular Chardonnay is sure to delight the senses with its beautiful aromas.
Mount Palomar Winery~2018 Chardonnay – On the nose, the wine smells of ripe, if not slightly dried apple and pear with hints of white flowers and peach.
Wiens Family Cellars ~2020 Chardonnay – The French oak used lends some creamy vanilla notes that balance nicely against crisp, green apple notes.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Wine Institute of California
Tags: Callaway Vineyard and Winery, Lorimar Winery, Mount Palomar Winery, southern california wineries, Temecula Valley Wine Country, temecula valley wineries, temecula wine country, temecula wine tasting, temecula wineries, temecula wines, visit temecula, Wiens Family Cellars, wine tasting temecula valley