Are you a SoCal wine-lover who loves making videos for fun? Why not turn that fun into profit? For the first time ever, Temecula Valley is launching a summer-long Video Contest! Amateur and pro filmmakers alike are invited to submit a short video demonstrating that “Temecula Valley is Southern California’s wine country.” The grand prize is worth $4,000 and includes a wine country weekend for two, plus $2500 in cash!
Contest entry period is Friday, June 1 to Friday, August 31, 2012.
So grab your iPhone, FlipCam or old fashioned video camera and head to Temecula for a weekend of wine tasting and shooting; or if you can’t visit this summer, we’ve created an album of photos that you can use to create your video on iMovie, Adobe or an easy online editor like VideoToolBox.com!
The videos themes are as follows –
- Temecula Valley wine country is the only major wine region in Southern California
- Temecula Valley is an easy 60-90 minute drive from SoCal’s major metropolitan areas (Los Angeles, San Diego, Palm Springs, Orange County and the Inland Empire)
- Temecula Valley is a fun, must-see destination with 35 wineries, 12 winery restaurants, great hotels and lodging, and stunning vineyards surrounded by mountains
- Temecula Valley is home to a wide variety of award-winning wines for any palate
Participants can find complete contest rules and instructions at www.TemeculaWines.org/VideoContest beginning June 1, 2012. Video submissions must be original work and can use still images from TVWA’s online image archive, found at http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzzuCUC.
Voting takes place September 1-30, 2012. Online voting will determine the top five finalists; participants can share their entries via Facebook and Twitter to encourage friends and family to vote for them a maximum of once per day throughout the voting period. The grand prize winner and runner-up will be determined by a panel of TVWA marketing experts. Winners will be announced October 1, 2012. Prizes are as follows:
- GRAND PRIZE – The winning filmmaker will receive $2500 cash, plus a Temecula Valley wine country weekend for two! Weekend includes two nights at the Inn at Europa Village, dinner for two at the award-winning Vineyard Rose Restaurant at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, a wine country tour with Grapeline Wine Country Shuttle, and a hot air balloon ride for two with California Dreamin’ Balloon Adventures. $4000 value.
- Runner-up – Two tickets to the 2012 Harvest Celebration Weekend, plus dinner for two at Meritage Restaurant at Callaway Winery.
- Honorable Mention – Three honorable mention winners will receive a pair of tickets to the 2012 Harvest Celebration Weekend.
Transportation is not included except as indicated; non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash.
We’re looking for fun and enthusiasm more than perfection – so, don’t be shy! YOU could be the lucky winner of this incredible opportunity! Please share this post with your friends! Have fun and good luck!